1999 | Producer -- A riveting civil rights drama, written and directed by John B. Benitz. During the time it circulated film festivals across the country, Children of the Struggle was recognized with highly acclaimed awards and earned respectable reviews and recognition for taking a unique look at a heart warming civil rights story. Children of the Struggle continues to air on PBS during Black History Month annually. The film received an educational distribution deal and is screened in High School and College history classes across the Country. Principal cast: Brian Wimmer, Andrea Marcellus, Dick Gregory and Cuba Gooding, Sr.
For more information regarding Children of the Struggle, go to www.peachtreefilms.com.
Film Festival Screenings
- Palm Springs International Short Film Festival
- Taos Talking Pictures Festival
- Cinequest San Jose International Film Festival
- Santa Barbara International Film Festival
- Northhampton Film Festival
- CineVegas Film Festival
- Pacific Palisades Film Festival
- Denver Pan African Film Festival
- Film Fest Kansas City
- St. Louis International Film Festival
- PBS - Black History Month
- Channel 10 - West Hollywood
- KJLA - Los Angeles
One of the most moving short pieces we've had the pleasure of reviewing...a very powerful message in a short period of time.
- Jackie Cox, NAACP